Pages

Personal Project: Mini Polaroid Magnets

During one of many internet perusals in search of inspiration, I came across the idea of making tiny Polaroid magnets. I don't recall where, a Google search would no doubt find a few options, but I do think this particular DIY is more difficult without fancy photo/layout manipulation software at your disposal. I actually used Adobe InDesign to create a template of sorts that allows me to drop any photo I like into a pre-sized box on a sheet of many boxes. Like this:


One of the things I LOVE about this project is the big bang for minimal effort. I am an artist at heart, but also a Gemini, therefore prone to lots of ideas without the drive to finish them all. This project, once the template was setup, is easy-peasy and as I was cutting out these adorable little buggers I couldn't help but be smug about how little time it took to print, spray adhesive, set and then cut them out to be refrigerator ready.

It was so easy I immediately made gift pouches out of them. The kids' grandparents got family filled tiny Polaroid goodness for their various magnetic surfaces. Each magnet measures roughly 1" x 1". The magnetic paper I chose is not terribly strong, so these won't actually hold anything up, but they are art in their own right, don't you think?

ce

No comments:

Post a Comment