Pages

[on the table] Chicken Pot Pie

Like the clover? I may need to make these again for St. Pat's!

I whipped up these little cuties for dinner tonight! I just so happened to have everything on hand and I was feeling a serious jones for some comfort food. They're a bit time intense because of the steps involved, but none of the steps are too tough.

They're also super clean. The 'gravy' is cauliflower, chicken broth and garlic. I started with a mirepoix, then added peas, green beans and chopped chicken. The crust is almond flour, arrowroot, egg whites and salt. It didn't brown up as much as I had hoped, but I was hungry and didn't want to wait any longer. As W is constantly telling me, 'I'm starving!'.

[Yes, we have chats about what starving really means and how she is most certainly not starving. I suppose that means neither was I! But I digress.]

In the last few days I've made a handful of new recipes that have been mediocre. One was even a total flop, like pour the rest of the batter down the drain bad.

[Surprised I was brave enough to try something else that was new? Me too. But thank goodness I did!]

These turned out really great! The flavor was just what I remembered from my last pot pie, and I don't mean the icky one I had in London, and the crust was tender and had a nice texture. Not quite buttery/flaky like one would expect from a traditional pastry crust, but I wasn't disappointed in it. I will definitely be making these again!

Tried anything new in the kitchen lately?

ce

No comments:

Post a Comment