Pages

Personal Project: Happy Spring!


I'm celebrating the first day of Spring with new phone art!

[I didn't change my name, this copy if for my momma.]

I've been working on my calligraphy as you're no doubt aware, and I wanted to embellish some of my writing with flourishes and flowers. I finished the big piece I've been working on today, and to celebrate I used some of the pieces from it to put this happy Spring arrangement together.

I'm really enjoying experimenting with ink pen and then manipulating it on the computer. I get to draw all the bits, and then arrange and re-arrange until I have a composition I'm pleased with, rather than starting over every time I put a leaf or a word somewhere I don't like. The final result is hand drawn, but more polished than I'd likely accomplish if it was only hand drawn. Win-win!

ce


No comments:

Post a Comment