Pages

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm spending Valentine's with the kids, while the Hubs is away on business. Neither of them gets this holiday of course, but I did what I could to make it special. W and I shared a lovely spinach, artichoke, and feta egg souffle at lunch, and later a chocolate covered strawberry milkshake. Tonight we'll be having a flourless chocolate cake with our supper.

[I show my love through food I guess. With chocolate. And sugar!]


I read about a Valentine's gift idea where you add a sweet scroll message that is pulled out from a felt heart here. So I made three for the kids, along with the card you see above. The card is mixed media [paper, ribbon, fabric] and I wrote a personal message inside. My sister does a much better job with cards then I do, but these were fun to make. 

[Check out her work here.]


After I made the card I had a little fun decorating the envelope! 


[You can see I continue to practice my cursive skills.]


One of the messages read "You are my superhero!". W likes to have a blanket tied around her neck so she's wearing a 'cape'. Then she runs around shouting "I'm your SUPerhero!" Emphasis on the SUP. 

W had fun removing the scrolls from the hearts via the 'Pull Me' tab and a predictable difficulty rolling them back up. She mostly seemed to enjoy helping me take the pictures in this post, as she hasn't touched the hearts since before breakfast. I enjoyed every aspect of it, as making things is my favorite thing to do!

[And eating chocolate is in the top five. Ha!]

ce

No comments:

Post a Comment