Pages

[on the table] Sauteed Brussels on a Quinoa Plate


Ah food. How I love thee.


These little beauties are a lovely and festive appetizer for your next winter meal. A party maybe? Or Tuesday night? Go crazy foodies. Ha!

The 'plates' are just dry quinoa that has been soaked in hot water for a few hours then rinsed really well and placed into my Vitamix with a little water and seasoning. Blended into a batter then poured into a hot muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray and baked for 30 minutes or so. I like them thin so I don't fill the cups too high.

The topping is brussels, apple, slivered almonds and thyme sauteed over medium heat until bright green and fragrant.

I spooned a bit of prepared basil pesto onto each quinoa 'plate' and topped it with the brussels mixture.

So. Good.

What are you whipping up in your kitchens this winter?

ce

No comments:

Post a Comment