Pages

Personal Project: They Do Exist!


Reindeer, I mean.

You may be scratching your head right now.

[Not literally? Figuratively then?]

You may be thinking: 'Of course Crystal, reindeer exist. They were at the Lewis on 69th and Louise after Thanksgiving. Hanging out in the parking lot. Playing reindeer games.'

[HAHAHAHA!]

Yes, well let me clarify.

Santa's reindeer. Of the species Reindeerus and the genus Flyerus. That's right, Flying Reindeer.

[I totally made that up. And not very believably.]

GET TO THE POINT!

Our daughter W is nearly four so this Christmas things were starting to stick with her. She was really beginning to understand Christmas and what it's all about. I wanted to add to the magic by creating something that might help 'prove' that Santa and his Flying Reindeer most definitely visited during the night while she was fast asleep with visions of gumdrops and all that.


So with a sketch and some leftover 2x4s I got to work.

[Well me and my little brother. The tool guy. You've met him before.]






Behold! The pre-glue and nail stage. Ultimately we attached the shapes to the board underneath and a dowel to that for easy stamping. After W went to bed on Christmas Eve I went outside to stamp away in the snow and Karl chewed up a few baby carrots to sprinkle around the prints.

[We had plated a cookie and hot buttered rum cider for Santa. The Flying Reindeer got carrots. K ate half the cookie and I drank most of the cider. Taking one for the team.]

The next morning was so great, we went out for our annual post Christmas Day breakfast walk and W was pretty excited when we showed her the prints and carrot pieces outside! Ah, Christmas magic!!

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

ce

No comments:

Post a Comment