Pages

Personal Project: Sharpie Gift Tags






I made these lovelies after seeing a 'handmade holiday' post on sayyestohoboken. I used heavier weight black construction paper for the backing, mostly to cover up the text on the flip side of the white paper.

You see, a few years ago when K and I were planning our wedding I made a rookie printing mistake with our invite materials. I requested the same quantity of invites as people I invited.

[Wait. That doesn't sound wrong.]

Ah but it is. You need 3 seconds?

I'll wait.

1...
2...
3...

You have now realized what took me until the invites were addressed and ready for the post office to learn: households people, households. Not total invitees. So I ended up with nearly double what I needed. Sad face. There is good news though. Ever since I've been using the extra materials for other projects. Like this one!

The little to: tags are recycled wedding materials too. The other side is white and talks about ringing little bells to the happy couple. They came with the little bells we got for our reception. We didn't use them though, we just dressed them up with a bit of pretty ribbon. Awwww.

The art is done with Sharpies again. The silver marker is really nicely metallic which I love. I finished with some thin red hemp leftover from a bracelet project. They turned out pretty, so we're totally saving them for next year too!

ce

3 comments:

  1. Way to recycle & reuse. Cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creative projects, including the recent Thank You note we got in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha.... you need 3 seconds, I'll wait... too funny.

    ReplyDelete