Pages

Personal Project: The Art of the Thank You

 

We're so technology focused these days. Most of the time I don't think that's such a bad thing, but there is one place where it wouldn't hurt to go a little old school.

The Thank You.

With W being nearly 4 we've really begun to see things from her level, and how everything we do is teaching her. All the time, every day. It's a little overwhelming to think about. But we're doing small things, a little at a time. Like teaching her to be polite. That's meant that we have to be polite to each other too. It's surprisingly hard to remember, we're just so out of practice. It's a small thing, using please and thank you, but it is beautiful.


When's the last time you got a handwritten thank you note? Not a thank you text or email but an actual note that came through the mail? I get a few, actually. I'm hoping to send many more than I receive this year.

We really want W to be grateful for all the blessings in her life, so we talk about what we're thankful for everyday. And this year, probably for the first time, every single person who personally blessed us this holiday season through their time, effort, kindness and gifts, got a handwritten Thank You note. W and I worked on them together and used them all up.
   

So I needed to make more. I took inspiration from a painting I'd seen on Pinterest and did a simple hand painted thank you in reverse. I penciled in the thank you, then 'bubbled' it and painted around the bubble. Once they dried I erased my pencil marks.

I can't wait to find a reason to send them out!

ce

1 comment:

  1. How cool! Love the reverse and of course, the fact that it's handmade!

    ReplyDelete